Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 box Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Oil(for brushing)
Strawberry Cream cheese Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pack of Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of strawberry juice
- Lightly flour your work surface, and unroll/unfold one sheet of puff pastry dough.
- Brush dough with half of the beaten egg, and fold puff pastry dough up into thirds (just how it came out of the box).
- While dough is folded in thirds, cut out 3 donuts using a 3-inch donut cutter (or 3-inch round cutter, and then use a smaller round cutter to cut out the hole).
- Repeat with another sheet of puff pastry dough. Place cut out cronuts and holes on the prepared wire rack, and freeze for 15 minutes.
- While Cronut dough is cooling in the freezer, Prep the Cream Cheese Glaze
- Remove Cronuts from Freeze after 15 Minutes
- Brush your air fryer basket with a little cooking oil, such as coconut oil.
- Place a few donuts in the air fryer at a time, making sure they aren't touching.
- Close air fryer and set to 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Open air fryer, Carefully remove cronuts with tongs and place on wire rack for cooling.
- When cool enough to grab, it's the perfect time to dip in the glaze.
- Place powdered sugar and cream cheese in a bowl
- Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended
- Mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add in Strawberry juice - a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency for Cronut Dipping
- When dipping, be sure top, then twist when taking it out.
- Enjoy right away or wait for the glaze to dry by leaving it on the wire rack.